Jeffrey P. Gale, P.A. is a South Florida based law firm representing individuals in the tri-county region (Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties) and every other jurisdiction in the state. We are dedicated to fighting for people rather than for insurance companies and Big Business.
Our practice areas include:
Motor Vehicle Accidents (Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles) Many lawyers handle these cases. Few fully understand the myriad of issues involved, from injuries to insurance, to best serve their clients.
Here are some of our recent blogs concerning this complex practice area:
- Maintain Motor Vehicle Bodily Injury (BI) Insurance Coverage to Avoid Suspension of Florida Drivers License (DL)
- "Full Coverage" Vehicle Insurance Does Not Mean What Most Floridians Think
- Gifting Away Vicarious Liability Under Florida's Dangerous Instrumentality Doctrine
Doctors and nurses make mistakes. When they do because of conduct falling below the prevailing professional standard of care, they should be held to account. The consequences of medical negligence are often severe.
- Florida's Wrongful Death Act Fosters Better-Dead-Than-Alive Philosophy In Medical Malpractice Cases
- Medical Malpractice Myths
- Fundamentals of Brain Injured Baby Medical Malpractice Cases in Florida
- Key Elements in Florida Wrongful Death Legal Actions
- Role of Personal Representatives (PR) in Florida Wrongful Death Cases
- Outline of Compensation for "Survivors" Under Florida's Wrongful Death Act
This is a catch-all term to describe injuries and death caused by property owner/possessor negligence. The types of premises liability cases range from a simple slip-and-fall to an assault because of negligent security. Landowners and others who exercise control of premises have a duty to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition for invitees, guests, and, sometimes, trespassers.
- Comparative Fault and the Open & Obvious Doctrine
- Status Determines Duty
- Nondelegable Duty to Maintain Safe Premises
- Settlement Considerations in Workers' Compensation Cases
- Apportionment of Medical and Indemnity Benefits
- Workers' Compensation a Long Way From its Roots
Admiralty/Maritime (Jones Act, Unseaworthiness)
Jeffrey P. Gale, P.A. represents individuals injured in cargo and cruise ship accidents. Being the venue of two major ports (Port of Miami and Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale), South Florida is one the primary locale in the nation for this type of accident. This is a specialized field of law.
- Maximizing Seaman's Recovery In Jones Act Personal Injury Cases
- Personal Injury Liability Checklist for Cruise Ship Passengers
- Personal Injuries to Seamen - Maintenance, Cure, and Unearned Wages
Overtime Wage Claims
Jeffrey P. Gale, P.A. represents employees in claims for overtime wages under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Company profits are important and valued, but not at the expense of employees who are entitled to be paid time and one-half of their hourly rate of pay for every hour worked over 40 per week.
- Status of "Collective Actions" Under the FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act) Since Genesis Healthcare Corporation v. Symczyk
- The Fluctuating Workweek, "Chinese Overtime," and the FLSAWages for Waiting Time - FLSA and Florida Statute 448.08 (Unpaid Wages)
- On Duty/Off Duty (or Being Paid All Wages)
Contact us today toll-free at 866-785-GALE or by email for a free consultation to learn your important legal rights.